Is this the way adulthood is supposed to be?

This morning as I slumped into bed, you opened your sleepy eyes and expressed your annoyance with our (my) dog. She had another accident because no one was able to take her out last night. We both work full time, barely get to see each other and are stressed out with any other responsibilities. Which is probably why school is the last thing I want to deal with right now, I know, I need a hard slap on the wrist for not putting school as a priority. The point is, things are starting to take a toll on us at the moment. I miss my boyfriend and my best friend incredibly and I live with him!

Here is our schedule... W-Sun: You sleep in till 3:30 (my sleeping schedule is all over the place) and immediately start getting ready for work, I spend time with you as much as possible during that one hour and you leave for work. I mope about and try and get a nap in before I leave for work at 9:30 pm. You come home around 2 am and I come home around 7 am. The process starts all over again for the next four days. We live for our Mondays and Tuesdays. They go by too fast.

Is this what I visualized for my life? Heck no. I didn't think I would be working full-time at a job I'm not happy with. I certainly didn't think I would still not have my B.A. at this point and I always used to put so much focus into school. I used to be a straight A student, I used to have fun. Now it's all about responsibilities and money to pay the bills. I'm 23 and I feel like I'm in my 40s sometimes! They say, this will all pay off in the end but I know it won't until I narrow down the path I want to take for my future and start focusing on it. Time is ticking and I don't want to be old before I really start a happier family oriented life.

It's time to focus, babe! ♥

No comments: