Poppy Seed

That's what we have been calling him/her since we found out the big news Thursday. Although they are a bit bigger than a poppy seed at this point...

I'm estimated to be around 5 weeks:

This week, your little guy's ticker will start beating for the first time! (Neither you nor your doctor can hear it quite yet, but it may be possible to see the movement on an ultrasound.) And your little one has been really busy growing! The embryo now has three distinct layers: the outer ectoderm which will form the nervous system, ears, eyes, inner ear and many connective tissues; the endoderm, or inner layer, which will grow into internal organs like the lungs, intestines and bladder; and the middle mesoderm, which will eventually make way for the heart and circulatory system. In the weeks to come, the mesoderm will also evolve into bones, muscles, kidneys, and reproductive organs. And the beginnings of her intestines and lungs are starting to appear as well.

This was not a planned pregnancy by no means, but after the initial shock wore off, Chris and I have been pretty excited. I'm taking extra precautions at work and doing my best to eat right. I am not showing yet but I sure feel bloated and my boobs are looking better than ever! I am holding off on telling my family for right now. I don't want to jinx anything plus mom is going on vacation soon and I want her to be able to relax and be well-rested before I share the news. I'm not a teenager so I really hope she takes it well but I have to say I'm pretty nervous about her reaction. I know she will come around regardless. Chris' mom is someone we are both even more nervous to tell!

No comments: